If you are between 35 and 50 years of age, you may want to consider microdermabrasion to rejuvenate your face or decrease pigmentation and acne scars. Microdermabrasion polishes your skin with specialized equipment to leave it glowing and radiant without invasive procedures. It cleanses the face with fine crystals or a diamond tip, removing impurities and dead cells along the way, revealing softer, younger skin. It was first used in Italy in 1985 and soon became popular all over Europe, Asia, and North America because it’s safe and comfortable to treat skin pigmentation or even out fine lines and wrinkles.
The entire facial treatment takes about 30 minutes to an hour. Although you can purchase DIY kits, the procedure is best left to specialists for perfect results.
How Safe is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is completely safe, painless, and hygienic. It takes just about an hour at the most after which you can resume your daily chores, although caution and care is advised to stay away from excessive exposure to the sun, heat, and pollution since the new skin is sensitive.
Although the procedure is non-invasive, some may experience slight discomfort since the treatment penetrates the skin’s upper layer. However, it does not hurt, hence it is more popular than chemical peels. Microdermabrasion is generally safe and affordable. Your skin may feel a bit tender and look red after the treatment. You may need more than one session to notice visible results. Dermatologists recommend treatments to be spaced out between four to six weeks.
Microdermabrasion improves the skin’s elasticity and texture by stimulating blood flow to tired and ageing skin cells. The procedure is recommended to reduce uneven pigmentation, fine lines, and clear clogged pores. Avoid the treatment if you are prone to allergies, skin irritations, sunburn, psoriasis, and breakouts.
Effects of Microdermabrasion
- The most visible effect of the treatment is a fresher, more radiant face since the tired, damaged, ageing cells are removed from the surface.
- The new layer absorbs nutrients from serums, lotions, and face creams at least four to six times more effectively.
- The treatment also stimulates the production of collagen so wrinkles give way to younger, brighter, firmer skin by at least 40%.
- You will need about four to six sessions, spaced over an interval of two to three weeks to see the effects of a complete treatment.
- You can treat a number of skin conditions with the procedure that simply clears away epidermal cells from the skin’s surface to reveal smoother skin on your face, hands, legs, chest or elsewhere.
You can consider Microdermabrasion if you have the following:
- Sunspots, freckles or sun-damaged skin
- Blackhead and acne scars
- Enlarged pores
- Stretch marks
- Uneven, rough skin
- Skin discolouration or hyperpigmentation
- Fine lines and wrinkles
Kaloya Skin Care and Spa
At Kaloya Skin Care and Spa, our specialists can treat all the above skin conditions on your face, neck, decolletage, and other areas effectively with customized microdermabrasion treatments under trained practitioners. We provide stringent hygiene conditions and a relaxing ambience. Call us to find out more about this procedure. Browse through our website to know about the wide range of other advanced skin services we offer. Call us to book an appointment.